Efficient driving saves money and fuel
The tadea advice centre provides advice on how to drive more efficiently and save fuel. Here are some smarter driving top tips*:
1. Check your rev's - when accelerating change gear between 2000 and 2500 rpm to help save fuel.
2. Slow down - driving within the speed limit is safer and reduces your CO2 emmisions.
3. Drive smoothly - avoid unnecessary acceleration and braking.
4. Check your tyre pressure - under-inflated tyres are dangerous and increase fuel consumption.
5. Switch it off - if you're going to be stationary for more than a minute or two turn your engine off.
6. Reduce drag - remove roof racks and bike carriers when you're not using them to drive more efficiently.
7. Air conditioning - only use air conditioning when you really need it.
To find out more about efficient driving contact tadea free** on 0800 124 4320.
* Tips provided by the Energy Saving Trust.
* Calls from a mobile may be charged.